COVID-19 GYM GUIDE.
We have prepared a simple document for all customers and staff members to detail the operating procedures and policies in place to help ELITAS navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are following government advice closely. As this is constantly changing, our protocols will be subject to change at short notice but you will be notified when this happens.
This guide has been developed by Ben and David (the Elitas directors) alongside Steffon Clarke of TJB Cleaning Services and Reuben Aryiku.
- To minimise gatherings of people in the reception and waiting area we kindly request that you enter the building a maximum of 5 minutes before your appointment or workout. If you are arriving for an appointment and you are significantly earlier than this, please wait in your vehicle until 5 minutes before.
- If you are feeling unwell or you are experiencing any of the common symptoms of coronavirus please do not enter the building.
- Please use the antibacterial hand sanitiser immediately upon arrival from the infrared dispenser on the reception desk and scan our Test and Trace QR code via the NHS COVID-19 app.
- Please then check your temperature with the infrared thermometer and then clean it with the wipes provided.
- If you would like a coffee then please bring your own reusable cup and wipe the machine buttons after operation.
- We have tried to eliminate things that would be touched where possible so there is no need to use the iPad or barcode scanner when arriving and we have removed all magazines and catalogues from the coffee table.
USING THE CHANGING ROOMS
- All of the changing rooms are open for use.
- Please ensure that you close the toilet lid before you flush to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Please avoid using the showers if at all possible. However, we do understand how inconvenient having no ability to shower at the gym would be, particularly for those training before work, therefore the showers are being cleaned thoroughly every day and we ask that if you do use a shower that you spray it down afterwards with the antibacterial spray provided.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with the soap provided before entering the gym.
USING THE GYM
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines – this should be easy to comply with given the size of the facility, the small membership base and the nature of our excellent customers.
- Please avoid sharing equipment with anybody unless they are from your own household or “social bubble”.
- Please wipe down any handles or surfaces you have touched when you move on to another exercise. There is a great provision of antibacterial wipes, antibacterial sprays and disposable tissue rolls.
- Always be considerate of others. It is clear that different people have different levels of confidence currently. If you are not too concerned then please respect that other gym users may not feel the same way. Also please remember that these measures are not just in place to protect yourself but also to protect the people around you and everybody they subsequently come into contact with.
- Try to structure your workouts in a considerate way. When the gym is busy, avoid giant sets that will use up multiple pieces of equipment and try to avoid holding up the same piece of equipment for too long.
TEST AND TRACE ADHERENCE
In the interest of minimising touching surfaces, you are not required to sign in or touch anything unnecessarily at reception.
Please scan our Test and Trace QR code on the reception desk each time you arrive using the NHS COVID-19 app.
STAFF CLEANING SCHEDULE
- The whole facility is professionally cleaned by TJB Cleaning Services every morning before we open. This process involves antibacterial spray, steam with a disinfectant in it and antibacterial aerosols to ensure that every handle is covered.
- During the course of each day, all three coaches have a different 20-minute window booked in the diary to perform a dedicated antibacterial clean of handles and surfaces.
- Coaches are also spraying and wiping every handle and surface within each appointment after it has been used by a client.
- Government guidance is for gyms to limit their maximum occupancy to provide a minimum of “100sqft per person” based upon useable gym space as well as changing rooms etc. This technically enables us to have 30 people on site at once.
- We typically have 5-10 people on site at once and even at peak times are well short of our permitted maximum. Therefore we will proceed without a booking system for members’ regular gym use. This policy will be reviewed regularly as we monitor numbers and social distancing in the gym.
- We have a commercial ventilation system that circulates fresh air from outside. This system will be working at its full power and will be left on 24/7.
- We will be removing and cleaning out the filters within the ventilation system twice per week instead of once per month, which was our normal protocol.
- Face masks are not mandatory in the gym. Government guidance for gyms states face coverings “may be worn in enclosed spaces where social distancing isn’t possible”.
- If you would like to wear a face covering in the gym you are welcome to. We are required to ask you to wash your hands with soap before you put the face covering on and again after removing it.
- If you have a personal training appointment and you would like your coach to wear a face-covering you are welcome to request it and we will be happy to oblige.
- For the time being, there are no classes running in order to help us maintain social distancing in the gym.